May 8, 2009
New Hospital May Construction Update:
· Carpet is being installed up to 6th floor
· Terrazzo is going down in dining room
· Drywall is going up in the atrium
· Trees are being delivered
· Finishing concrete work
· Exterior doors are being installed
February 25, 2009
We recently visited the construction site of the new Sherman Health and videotaped our experience there. As the hospital is rapidly moving along with construction, we thought it would be nice to show you some video tours of the new health care facility.
One of the nurses stations:
A patient room overlooking the geothermal lake:
The geothermal lake pumps:
The patient entrance into the new hospital with the Tree of Life:
February 18, 2009
Sherman Hospital recently received a $956,000 award from the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) for its geothermal lake project at the new Sherman Hospital campus in Elgin. DOE supports organizations, like Sherman, who promote America’s energy security through reliable, clean, and affordable energy.
“Sherman Health is honored to receive this award from the U.S. Department of Energy,” said Rick Floyd, President and CEO, Sherman Health. “Our lake is environmentally sound and we look forward to supporting green energy initiatives in our community and throughout the country.”
January 30, 2009
Sherman Health is happy to announce that the current hospital location will remain a significant medical facility for the community.
The 120-year old hospital on Center Street will be converted to the largest Health Care Center (Sherman Family Health Care Center Street) of all Sherman Health Immediate Care facilities. The building will house an Immediate Care Center, physician offices and clinical departments.
January 26, 2009
- Production drywall has begun in the main tower elevator lobbies.
- Main tower stairwell drywall and painting is ongoing.
- Second floor drywall continues.
- The data center mechanical, electrical and plumbing has begun.
- The cancer center exterior is 97% complete.